Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Eventful Days...



Even though I said I'd write more, the past days were pretty eventful...so now that I am more (or less) relaxed about what happened, I can sit and talk about it.
First of all, Maya had her first playdate from the new kindy...and boy, did it end in tears...Our cat, Dasha, scratched the girl (on her face) as she wouldn't let the cat alone, no matter how many times I asked her to. I was lucky enough that her mother was there at that moment (came to pick her up) and she saw the scene, otherwise only God knows what she would've thought about the red, angry lines on her daughter's face. I disinfected hjem, give her some antibiotic ointment and pray that it will go away without any complications. Dasha is a house cat, imunized, clean and all...and she scratched us (especially Maya) lots of times, before we learned to interpret her body language and understand when she wants to be left alone.
I hope the girl will be all right, her mum was very understanding (once again, I am glad she saw when it happened) and that the girls will remain friends...
Well, if that wasn't enough, it was Maya's turn afterwards...She had a nasty accident at the kindy: during the sports lesson, another girl fell down and Maya didn't see her and tripped over and knocked her mouth on the other girls head. I didn't see it right away when I took her from the kindy, as she ran away to the swings in the park (the kindy is near a small park), I saw it a few minutes later...and I thought I'd pass out...She had a fat lip (mainly half of it) and said it hurts "a bit"...Then, when I looked more atentively I saw that she had a blod clot on her inner part of the lip and the upper gum was a bit swollen. She didn't complain much, we even went to her weekly swimming lesson, I gave her in the evening "Nurofen" and kept her at home today.
What bothers me in all this malarkey is the fact that it happened during the  sports lesson and the sports teacher didn't see it (in fact, nobody saw her swollen lip all day afterwards). When I asked Maya where was the teacher when it happened she said that "she was talking with our kindy teacher and all the kids were running around"...Well, tomorow I am going to give them a piece of my mind...I know it is not easy to watch over 30 kids, but as I understood from Maya during the sports lesson they are divided into two groups, one is playing and the other is participating in the lesson. And anyhow, the kids are their responsability as long as they are in the kindy...
Well, I won't say anymore, I am just grateful it wasn't worse, it'll pass in a couple of days with lots of TLC and I hope she'll pay more attention next time (as she is a bit "head in the clouds" type of kid).

No comments: