Sunday, March 11, 2012

About Rockets, Mantras and All What's in Between

I know...it has been a long time since I've been here. To tell you I have some excuses it would be lame, still...The month of February was "Sick Maya" time, and it continued up to the first week in March. My baby was sick, took antibiotics two times, and was coughing really bad. And you know me, my daughter is sick, I am sick. In between ilnesses I tried to write that God damned book I am working so hard at...it is like a curse, to finish the book....to finish the book, my new mantra.
Now I am the one with a bad case of flu, I think all the viruses Maya brought home from the kindy have finally caught up with me.
Oh, and the alarms...since Friday evening, we are bombed continuously, and if you remeber I said we don't have a "secure room" in the apartment, so we have to go outside the apartment in the stairway. During the day is OK, as we socialize with the neighbours, but at midnight, with Maya sleeping in my husband's arms, trembling from fear ans cold...not so much fun. So, my other mantra is "stay calm and don't panic for the sake of your child". The truth? I had enough! I am a non-violent person and all, but seriously...I don't want my life and my family's to be controlled by terrorists. It is like I am at their good will. They come home from the mosque, take the rocked thrower from the shed and play eenie-meenie to decide where to send the next Grad. And if it's Ashdod, well, bad luck for us...
But, concretely or "tachles" as they say in Hebrew, what can a simple person like me do? Besides trying to protect my sanity and my daughter? I dream of living on an island in the middle of the ocean...only with my luck, a tsunami would hit me there...
That's it for today. I will be writing more if, hopefully, we'll get out unscathed from this last Palestinian - Israeli confrontation. Even poor Dasha, the cat, is terrified when the siren sounds. She runs in zig-zag and hides under the bed and it took up the habit of sleeping with us...



  

No comments: