Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Don't really Like Doctors Right Now!

Warning - if you are a doctor, don't read this blog post!
Because this is a post where I let off some steam and rant, rant, rant...and I don't really like doctors right now...
I had an epiphany some time ago, that said the only nice, human, profesional doctors are the ones in TV series. The same goes for nurses.I had so many bad, unfortunate experiences with doctors, beginning with the two ones that failed to see that my daughter was badly dehidrated and finishing with the family doctor that insisted I use a certain ointment even if I told her it won't help...
I try not to generalize, I am sure there are fairy-tale doctors somewhere, but not in my neighbourhood...Every time I need to go and see a doctor I am weary with dissapointment and I just want to go and see my acupuncturist. I don't even like my homeopath any more because he always tries to sell me certain products, even if are not the best or the most appropriate. But almost always, the most expensive...Why everything needs to be somehow related to money, money, money.?..
This time a very nasty dermatitis sent me to three (three!!!) doctors, until the last one finally gave my something that helped. Three doctors and a lot of lost time in waiting rooms...and it took the last one approximately five minutes to diagnose me and send me flying through the door with a prescription and the recommandation to see an allergologist.As if...I know the one that works for our HMO and she takes one patient every five minutes and you have to wait hours...
I have a lot of doctor stories to tell, but this one is beyond all the others: my former family doctor used to consult in two cabinets, he had her secretary put one patient in each room and he used to run (literally run) between rooms. He once prescribed me a medicine I was allergic to...well, it was deficult to concentrate between to patients with different ailments, the cheek of us! When I saw that I decided it was time to change doctors...
It also happened to me to meet several doctors that didn't speak Hebrew, only Russian, so it was impossible for them to understand what was wrong with me...Tragically hilarious...
Anyhow, I told my husband that I beg him to kill me if I will be old and sick because no way they are going to kill me trying to make me better...

No comments: