Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Whenever It Strikes, I Will Be Ready

 




 

Why does my inspiration strike me at the most inappropriate of times?


While I am cleaning the house, my thoughts go round and round in my head like a crazy carousel. I have to stop whatever I am doing at that precise moment, look for a pen and some paper and write everything down.


While I am sitting with my husband at the hospital surrounded by pain and suffering, something or someone catches my attention. Tears fill my eyes and I hear the words whispering to me.


While I am in bed, dead tired, the moment I close my eyes and drift to sleep, ideas like demented Jack-in-the-Boxes just pop into my consciousness. Good bye, sleep!


While I am walking home from the supermarket, laden with shopping bags, an interesting image appears in my mind. I have to stop, put down the bags and type it into my phone.


Because I am not losing another image, another idea or another sentence. Not again.


 It happened to me too many times in the past. I let those moments slip and they were lost forever.


So, I don’t care if I burn the food or forget the clothes in the washing machine, I will catch those thoughts and bring them to life on the paper, instead of leaving them trapped in my mind.


And if Pitzi the cat tries once again to sleep on my keyboard I will coax him down with a tuna snack and will carry on writing until I have nothing left to say.



No comments: