Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Birthday To...Me!



Well, yes, today it is my birthday...don't ask me how old I am because I am not going to tell you that...Anyhow, for the past years, on my birthday I used to sit and think about what I achieved the year that had passed...and I am ashamed to say...not much...for the last five years and so I've been staying at home, raising my daughter...You should say that has been an achievement in itself and I am going to contradict you. It is great to be a mother to my daughter Maya, she is a special child and I enjoy every moment I spend with her. But I sometimes feel I ought to do something for myself, to be something else, not just "Maya's mother". So I have been writing...I used to be a professional journalist so writing was (and still is) an important part of my life, of who I was (of who I am). I published a book before, it was strictly written in a journalistic style. Now, I write fiction....Because, as you may know, if you have been reading my blog, I miss my homeland (Romania) savagely, I thought that writing a book that would have its background in the Romanian folklore would help me deal with my longing. Since that idea popped into my head I struggled with my writing, as I write only at night and I absolutely cannot write when Maya is sick, for example...but the book took shape anyway, because I felt it had to be written...It is not finished yet, and it is still a struggle....but I am going to make a promise to myself...to come here next year, same date, same hour, to tell you that I finished the book...What do yo say? Deal?
And this with thought, I wish you all that celebrate today your birthday "Many Happy Returns of the Day" and may God grant you peace and health...

2 comments:

Katherine Jenkins said...

Deal! And Happy Birthday...I'm also an October baby (Oct. 28th) Can't wait to hear about the completion of your book one year from today ^_^! Hope you are doing well!

Alone in Holy Land said...

Thnak you Katherine!