Thursday, October 13, 2011

What Kind of Mother Am I?

I really don't know what to do...I alternate between plucking my hair out by handfulls, breaking something or...I don't know...I feel sooooooooooo frustrated, so frustrated...
And because I don't have anybody to talk to, I'll just sit here and talk to myself (that's the feeling but who cares, I have to take it out or I'll explode).
So, since Saturday Maya was sick, a stomach bug and some coughing, really bad coughing. I took her to the hospital, her doctor, everywhere, I did whatever they told me to do...Maya is not vomiting and doesn't have diarheea anymore, because now she is constipated. For crying out loud!!! Yesterday she felt OK so she ate well. In the evening she said she had a tummy ache, I gave her some Nurofen and she went to sleep. She slept OK, woke up fine...
During the day she didn't eat much and again said her tummy hurts...I gave her plenty to drink and let her be. We even took her to the seaside, she played there and didn't complain of anything, she didn't even cough...Back home, again, her tummy hurts and she starts coughing...
What in the name of God am I missing here???
I feel like the biggest failure in the entire world and helpless and....I didn't sleep since Saturday, I am functioning like an automaton, open me and I'm all clockwork...
What to do, what to do? I want my baby to be healthy and enjoy herself...My heart breaks when I hear her "Mummy, my tummy hurts..."
What kind of a mother am I if I cannot help my girl?
Here is Israel there is the Sokkot holiday now, so it is difficult to navigate between holidays when nobody's working, to find a doctor that really gives a shit.
Tomorow I'll try to get her to another doctor and to ask for some tests, X-ray, ultrasound, anything...I simply cannot sit back and wait...for what? The illness to go by itself?
Maybe I am exaggerating, I don't know. But I believe in "better to be safe than sorry" stuff...

No comments: