Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good Bye, Angela, My Dear Friend!

Good Bye . . . Pick up your crazy heart & give...Image by NJ.. via Flickr

I don't have many friends here, in Israel. My family is scattered all over Europe, my BFF lives in Romania, I have virtual friends all over the world. That's why I'm holding dear my few friends I have in this country. And that's why I am so sad today. One of them is leaving in a couple of days. Angela is the sister of Maya's godmother and came to Israel a few years ago to earn some money in order to support her daughter through University. She worked with elderly people, being what is called here a metapelet, a caregiver. I am not going to tell you about the hardships of being a caregiver or how hard Angela worked or about the humiliation she had to endure. She came prepared for the worst, she's a fighter, my friend, because she is a mother. But her patience came to an end and no matter how good the money is, she decided to return to Romania. I understand her completely but that doesn't make me happy. She is a good friend, always will be and Maya, oh, Maya loves her so much...She'll be devastated.
It is so sad when we lose somebody close to us...Angi, I'll miss you so much! I'll miss your smile and your optimism and our conversations. You are a good person are deserved better and I know it is best for you to go...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: