Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Double D (Only For the Ladies)




I was blessed (or cursed) with...ahem...a big chest. The women in our family share this gene, but if we'd had a contest, something like "Who's got the biggest ballobas, anyway", I think I'll win without a shade of a doubt. Because I try to live naturally and not to appeal to agressive methods when it comes to my body, I never thought of getting breasts reduction, so I suffer quietly and try to find the appropriate garment, that is, the brassiere that will fit and won't make me look like I have a huge block of some sorts glued to my front. And if this isn't enough to add to my trials when I have to buy a new bra, there is the price issue. Here, in Israel, a regular bra's price ranges from, lets say, 8-10 dollars to 50 dollars tops. But, if you need a double D, as I do, well, for a good bra you have to pay 100 dolars!!!! I don't know how it looks for you, American ladies, but when the minimum wage in Israel is 1000 dolars, 100 dolars is an awful lot for a bra. That is what I paid today for my Triumph bra. Gorgeous, but very expensive. I had to buy it on my credit card and I reallly feel bad for spending this amount of money, but I didn't have a choice...


Oh well, this is water under the bridge already, but still, it is discriminatory. The same goes with clothes' sizes. There are special "big sizes" shops where everything is soo expensive! I know because I wanted to buy something from such a shop when I was pregnant and huge, I saw a nice feminine blouse, but I almost fainted when I saw the price. It is so not fair! Why somebody that is weight challenged has to wear shapeless tents because he/she couldn't afford a decent piece of clothing...It is beyond my understanding...


Anyway, I really do hope that Maya won't have such problems (weight or big breasts, that is), because, as you can see, she likes her clothes to be nice and cosy...

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.