Monday, May 10, 2010

In a Relaxed Mood...Blog Awards










Today I need to be totally cool and relaxed, as I have a Holter machine thingy attached to my body. The aforementioned contraption is meant to record my heart's activity during a period of 24 hours. I got the thing yesterday afternoon and yes, I had to somehow sleep with it and it will be taken off today. I am to be relaxed, otherwise the machine's recordings will go crazy, as I am known to be passionate abouth my fights.
The weather is absolutely yucky with a major sand storm going on so I thought this is the best time to give Maya her rice filled sensory box as she enjoys digging for treasures and then do some work of art with the objects she finds and for me to blog about something nice. And what could be nicer than blogging about the bloggy awards I received?

My bloggy friend Sari gave me not one, not two, but three awards! Thank you, Sari! Sari is a very special lady and a fantastic mother and she blogs straight from her heart!
As I've already answered the questions that came with the Honest Scrap and the Sunshine Award I am going to concentrate on the Preppy Mafia Award. Here are the questions I had to answer:

1. Who is your style icon?

I don't really have a style. But I love the kick-ass bad-girl image, you know, black stilettos, fishnets, short black skirt, flimsy top and a stake hidden in the bun.

2.What is your favorite socialite lit book?
It has to be the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsela. It is more chick lit than socialite, but I am not sure how socialite literature does look, even though I googled it...

3. Favorite party theme?
I am not much of a party girl, but if I'd go to a party, I would like it to have a winter theme, as I miss winter so very much. And SpongeBob, of course...

4. Go to Haloween costume?

Well, here in Israel we have Purim for costumes, and for me the costume would be...angel.

5. Extravagance you cannot live without?

I don't know if it is called an extravagance, but I cannot live without the Illy brand of cofee and my coffee maker.
6. Living person you admire?

Hmmm...I think it has to be the Dalai Lama. And Robin Sharma. And J.K. Rowlings. And...sorry, it has to be only ONE person??

7. Greatest fear?

As a mother, anything bad to happen to my kids...

8. Trait you deplore in yourself?

That I keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I think this is my karma, to learn from my mistakes and to not repeat them...Until then, I think I'll have to face the consequences of my choices in every reincarnation...

9. Which talent would you like to have?

Singer.

10. Greatest achievement?

Besides my kids?

Phew, that was difficult...Felt like a student taking a test...Once again, thank you Sari!



2 comments:

Simcha said...

I like today's post. It certainly made me feel calm :) Congratulations on your awards!

Carol Anne said...

You wear costumes at Purim? What are Purim celebrations like in Israel?