Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sponge Bob Saves the Day

The characters of SpongeBob SquarePants from l...Image via Wikipedia

In between phone calls to hospitals and doctors' offices and appointments I have to keep an eye on Maya...a thousand eyes, to be exact...She is feeling better, thank God and I must keep her busy, as she cannot go to the kindergarten until she'll have her MRI scan, because one has to be 100% healthy for the scan. And after such an effort to find her a date for the scan, I don't want to take any chances...
So, for now, I gave up anything that was going on in my life and I am being a mother, or "imaaaa" as Maya usually shouts. I sort of homeschool her, as we play and learn and I must say we have a lot of fun together...It is OK, as it keeps my mind off things beecause I just don't want to think too much these days. I try to take one day at a time, to wait for every appointment although when the night comes, I have to ingest a huge quantity of literature and to read myself directly to sleep. It is the only way to keep me away from nightmares. This and Sponge Bob. As Maya is a huge fan we tend to watch a lot of episodes so last night I had a nice dream with him, Patrick and the Bikini Bottom gang...and on this happy note I am leaving for today, as I don't have a lot to say...I am still recovering from what we've been through and I think it will take a while...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

veganf said...

It took me awhile to warm up to SpongeBob, but I must admit to watching it sometimes with my boys. Glad you have something to take your mind off the big things.

Sari said...

Thank you for posting - I have been thinking about you all quite a bit and hoping all will be fine with the tests.
Sounds like you two are having a wonderfully relaxing time together. Enjoy even SpongeBob, before you know it she will be a teenager insisting on watching LifeTime movies and some silly high school show. *sigh*