Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday, My Son!


My son is 24 years old today...My gosh, did the time fly or what? I remember, as if it was yesterday, a very cold winter morning (minus 20 degrees Celsius) in Ceausescu's Romania when my boy came into this world...His childhood was very different from my daughter's. Living in a country that went through a Revolution to get rid of an anachronic regime wasn't very easy. And I was 21, naive and without experience, only with a great desire to do something in life...I raised him by myself mostly, alone, in a city that become my home, our home while struggling to make a living, a a career, to finish my studies. It wasn't easy but we had a great time and I enjoyed raising him...he is now a man with his own life, dreams and aspirations but still my baby boy with big eyes and a sweet smile...

I love you, my son and may life be gentle with you as a mother's touch...

6 comments:

Geanina Codita said...

La mulţi ani, fiului tău!

Să fii fericită alături de el şi de Maya, să vă iubiţi mereu fiindcă nimeni nu poate fi atât de apropiat cum este propria familie.

Vă îmbrăţişez cu mare, mare drag!

Maa said...

Happy Birthday to your son. Hold him close and let him know you care.

I lost my eldest son just over twelve months ago. I would give anything to be celebrating his birthday with him.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Happy birthday to your son! Sounds like he turned out just right, regardless of the times.

Hope he had a wonderful day for his day.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have! I have been graced with a blogging award that I would like to share with you. You can get it at my blog. Best wishes to you and yours.

Aine
http://theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

La Multi Ani!

Your children are beautiful.

Alone in Holy Land said...

Thank you all for your wishes!
He is a sweet boy and I love him so much!