Friday, February 5, 2010

I Lost My Voice!

South Haven Lighthouse on a Windy Day IIImage by trekguy2005 via Flickr

Temporarily, I hope. And not my literary voice nor my inner one, no, I lost my voice, literally. I have some sort of virus and lately, after the sore throat I simply lose my voice. I can barely speak, so everybody at home is very pleased, as I cannot scowl anyone. Especially Maya does her best to ignore completely my feeble efforts to talk.
The weather is awful, very windy and cold. And living on the 6th floor, with huge windows that overlook the sea is not such a great thing anymore. The rattle of the windows is scary and sometimes, when a big gale of wind hits them, I am afraid that they will shatter. I don't mind the cold, I love a bit of crisp and clean air, I love the rain, but this freaking wind...it drives me crazy. For two days I've confined myself and Maya to the bedroom, as there the windows are smaller and the room doesn't face the sea.
So, we didn't do much these days. No fabulousness, no spiritual awakening...a lot of playing, crafting, reading and watching Sponge Bob DVDs...And lots of tea with honey for me and propolis drops for my throat.
I hope to be back in a couple of days, feeling better...
And before I go, thank you for the awards, Aine from http://theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com and Heather from http://actingbalanced.blogspot.com . I'll "display" them on my next post, as I want to give them the importance they deserve. Thank you again!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Sharnanigans said...

awww hope you feel better soon Ramona - thanks for friending me on Facebook. I like to keep up to date with you and hope things are on the rise for you xx

Pamela Bousquet said...

Feel better soon, Ramona!
P.S.: The light house in your picture is very near to where I grew up in Michigan - I've actually been to this light house in South Haven before!

Sari said...

Hi friend, lots of get well wishes from cold and windy South Carolina. :( I too am sick and have not been out of bed much at all but wanted to stretch my legs for a moment and catch up..before I head back to bed.

Waiting for Maya's results with you-eagerly waiting for good news.

Hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Hope you are feeling better soon. The weather seems to be crazy everywhere.

Aine

Alone in Holy Land said...

It really sucks to be sick...I have no idea how on Earth did I manage to catch this virus, it had been a week and I'm not feeling better...
Thank God the crazy wind has stopped...

Unknown said...

Get well soon!

My sister says that the only reason why she did baby sign with her kids was for emergencies like this...