Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Am Still Here, Somewhere, Writing

Inside my Traveler's NotebookImage by koalazymonkey via Flickr

I don't exactly have a specific reason for blogging today. I just wanted to say that I am still here, but as some of you may know I finally opened that damned notebook and started writing. Haven't stopped since...I use every free minute I have (and believe me, I don't have that much) to write or to do research for my writing. What can I say? It just feels right. I haven't felt so good for a long time now, since my days as a journalist in Romania.
I didn't know this book I carried inside me hung so heavily over my soul, almost suffocating me. Now, that I'm letting it out, word by word, I feel light and free.
I feel like I'm coming home. Like I am doing what I am supposed to do. It fills and fulfills me.
I pray to God it will last until I'll squeeze every word, every sentence, every figure of speech out of my brain. And then some more.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Sari said...

:) :) Smiling for you. Keep that writing up! Just checking in to see how you and the family are doing and walking away knowing you are alright.

INDBrent said...

Happy for you. I;m going through a similiar experience now. Sometimes you don't see how big the book is until you start writing it!