Monday, March 22, 2010

I Need Some Sleeeeeeeeep

Sleeping CatImage by dominiqs via Flickr


I am so tired I could lie down this moment and sleep...sleep...sleep...Maya has been sick since Saturday morning (2 o'clock Saturday Morning) when we had a visit from the vomit monster, followed closely by the shit monster. In her great generosity MAya shared with us whatever virus she brougt home from the kindergarten and now both me and my husband and sick. I haven't been able to sleep for three nights, first because of my poor baby and now also because of me...
Maya is feeling better today but I am absolutely finished. Some half an hour ago I called my husband only to cry on the phone and to tell him that I had enough of this loneliness. Whenever I need help, like I do today, there is nodoby I could ask. Believe, I could kill now for at least an hour of sleep. I can barely type, my hands are shaking with weakness. But I wanted to share this witj somebody...there is no one to help me...I'll try to convince Maya to lie with me on the bed, but I'm afraid, naughty as she if, if I'll fall asllep...well, she could do anything.I am feverish with exhaustion and there is nobody to take the burden for a while...
Those of you who have friends and family in your life, keep them close and cherish them and forget to thank them once in a while. Because only when you're alone you understand how important they are...


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Ron Cooper said...

As a parent, I know from experience what you're going through. It's been 30 plus years since I walked the floor with my two children, but I feel for ya. Hang in there, a snooze or two is in your future!

Quixotic said...

Before I moved closer to my family (for this very reason) and had no-one close to help, I used to create a little "safe area" in the lounge room by moving the couch etc., whatever I had to create a litle space for GG to play (that she couldn't climb out of etc.)while I snoozed on the lounge, looking over her. Could you maybe try that??

I feel for you, hang in there and remember this too shall pass!!

Alone in Holy Land said...

Thank you for beying here for me..It was tough, tough...As for the safe area...since a crawling baby Maya had this Oliver Twist like "quality" to escape any type of "confinement" I tried for her giving me almost heart attacks...