Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Brilliant, I Forgot What I Wanted to Say

How well I could write if I were not here!Image by madamepsychosis via Flickr

Between housework, minding Maya (she's been a bit sick these days, the effing cough that bothers her is back again), cooking, washing there is not a lot of time for writing. I usually write at night, after Maya goes to sleep. Unfortunately, she is going to bed very late these days and keeps pestering me to come and tell her a story...With no kindy in the morning, at least I can sleep late and avoid the zombie like state I usually am when I have to wake up early. Selfish, I know.
During the day I have so many things to do it is imposible for me to write. I manage blog posts or Facebook, but not more that that. But, sometimes, the inspiration just hits me, without warning. In the best of situations I am able to jot my thoughts down on some scrap of paper (luckily our house is full of paper bits) and then return to it at night. When I am not that so lucky and I cannot write it down I try to hold to it, to remember it later. When it happens after I go to bed I just wake up and continue writing. In the worst case scenario I simply forget everthing and regret it bitterly afterwards. My muse really gets pissed off when I tend to ignore her so I think she goes to Stephenie Meyers...
It is not easy being a mum and having this constant need to write things. Ridiculous, huh? And I have to say Maya is a demanding kid and I also try to spend as much time doing things together, teaching her, not just plopping her in front of the TV (not that she would complain, she likes watching TV) or the PC.
Hmmm...what was the point of this post, anyway? Of course I started writing it and then I had to feed Maya and play with her and do the dishes and...so I forgot the morale of the bloody thing anyway.
That's it.
I'm out of here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I doubt your muse goes to SMeyers, if it would, she'd write much much better. :)

Can't wait to read something from you!