Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Different Kind of Good Bye

Drawn by LoveImage by _Beat_【ツ】 via Flickr

There are a lot of good byes to be said in life
Good bye to a loved one on his last road
Good bye to the first love
lost forever in the forest of lost loves
Good bye to the son that goes to the army
for three years of unslept nights
Good bye to a sister headed back home
Good bye to hopes
fallen leaves
broken wings
wilted flowers
autumn rain
holidays in distant places
lost things we'll never find again.
Well, on Tuesday I'm going to say a different kind of good bye. Maya's going to the kindergarten, it will be her first day ever ouside the house, without us, her parents. It is a happy good bye, this time, no matter how hard it is for me to say it. It is a grateful good bye for having such a special being in my life. It is a good bye, as it is a part of life's thread.
It will be Maya's first good bye as she's going forward a new stage in her life, towards her independence, towards building her own experiences, her own memories, her own lessons. That won't include me.
And even though it hurts like hell I am going to be happy for my little girl. Even though with every kiss given in the kindergarten's gate I'll die inside a bit. I love her and I need to let her be herself...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tuesday has me nervous and excited at the same time.

I have to admit I can't relate to your experience: my twins went to nursery school from the time they were 6 months old, but I do feel the magic of the good bye of a new adventure for my kids. I hope Maya will love gan and you will love the opportunities that this new stage will bring to her and you both.

Unknown said...

parenthood means to be able to say good bye from day 1: we're here for them, not they for us...

Unknown said...

So... how was the first day? For Maya... and you?

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

This is a really great post. Parenthood means, saying good bye. There will be many more..but this is the hardest.