Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Messy Me

'Image by Here's Kate via Flickr

My house is such a mess! Filled to the brim with junk, books, Maya's one million and one toys and games, clothes, plants and ...stuff. I keep telling to myself that I have to somehow clean this mess, declutter, throw out the stuff we don't need/use. But I am looking and things and thinking that somebody made them and the earth gave the materials from which the things were created...and I just don't have the heart to throw them. Here in Israel there are no garrage/yard sales, besides, I live in a block of flats. What I could do is to try and sell them on Wednesday, in the market , there is a section were people bring their stuff to sell it but I don't know, too complicated. Any ideas?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

7 comments:

Unknown said...

eBay.

Alone in Holy Land said...

Yeah, I thought so...

~ Mama said...

The books are way easier to sell on amazon. They already have the listings and you just put them under used! Ebay is getting pricey...

Jacqui Paterson said...

Do they have charity shops over there that you could donate to??? That's how I recently cleared out piles of unwanted stuff from our cramped flat. I cleared some space, and felt good about helping the charity too!!!

Alone in Holy Land said...

Mama - I never checked this possibility, I had no idea...
Jaqui - I have to ask. I know there are all kinds of charities here, but they deal mainly with food. I'll call the ones that I have phone numbers from (one of them actually lended us crutches when my son broke his foot). Oh, it would be wonderful if they would receive such donations! I have tons of stuff!
Thank you all for the ideas!

Esther said...

Try www.yad2.co.il
if you want to sell something and

http://www.freecycle.org/group/IL/Israel
if you just want it recycled and are happy to give it away.

For clothes you could also try the local WIZO

Alone in Holy Land said...

Esther, I am sorry I didn't see your comment earlier. Thank you for the freecycle idea! I think I'll go for it!