Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Ilona Andrews Moment

'CoverCover of Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, Book 3)

Today I had an appointment at my GP's office. I don't like him, it is always crowded there, lots of people trying to sneak in without appointments and he doesn't have the patience to listen to my complaints, to any complaints...Once, for example, I went to see him because I had herpes Zoster (for the 3rd time) and he hurried to prescribe me the medicine I am alergic to...I had to tell him that, even though he had my medical file in front of him. But why bother to look? Anyway, as I said, today I went to see him, but..bad luck, the computers weren't functioning! Some major crash in the net somewhere and a room full of pacients and nothing to do. Nothing. Nada. Without the computer there is no doctor, no patients files, no prescriptions, no test results, nothing...And I remembered the Universe created by the author Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels series, one of my favorite series ever) where sometimes when "magic strikes" nothing runs, no electricity, no cars, nothing. And I waited for a while in the doctor's waiting room for the magic to kick in after the crash, but...nothing happened. So I made an appointment for Thursday and I went home.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Simcha said...

Very cute. In general I've found doctor's in Israel to be useless and unhelpful. They are actually more like pharmacists, expecting the patients to tell them what the problem is and what medicine they want.

Alone in Holy Land said...

Oh, Simcha, don't even start me on the subject of Israeli doctors! I hate them sometimes! Stiil I don't complain much, as Maya peditrician is an excelent doctor and I'm not asking for more. Not now, anyway...