Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Spoke Too Soon!

b.Image by [Adam_Baker] via Flickr

This happens to me a lot...As soon as I write/say something about how happy/content I am that Maya is healthy and well...Maya gets sick. It happened again...This morning I saw some tiny blisters on her feet, but I thought she got them because of the sand in her trainers (see one of my previous posts) and socks that are not 100% cotton; her skin is very sensitive. Well, this evening after the shower, when drying her, I saw that she's got more blisters on her feet and also on her palms. I checked her mouth also and surprise! Blisters! So, if I am not mistaken, she's got hand-foot-mouth disease. Strangely enough, no fever. I now that ussually, before the blisters appear the kids have fever. Not that I'm complaining that the poor chick doesn't have it...
So, tomorow, is doctor for her, doctor for me. As I don't have anybody to help me, I have to take her to my GP and then I'll go to her ped. Her doctor works only mornings on Thursdays and then only on Sunday and I really don't like to take Maya to another pediatrician. I am not very thrilled to have to spend time with Maya in GP's offices and pharmacies, but I'll be prepared, with crayons and coloring books and mango juice (her favourite) and...even chocolate, if I have to. When she gets bored she's a nuissance. A morning at the doctor's! What a fun way to begin your day! I am not complaining though...it could be worse...

1 comment:

Leigh Hunziker said...

I know what you mean. U know it could be much worse, but it's not easy having to take little ones to the doc...when they get sick it throws everything else off.