Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Don't Believe It!




I know that I tend to exagerate when my kids are concerned. I know I want to much from society, from people. I know that Israeli kindergartens in cities that are on the coast have sand in their yards, and I know that because whenever Maya goes to the kindergarten she comes home with her hair and shoes full of sand. But the quantity of sand I found in her trainers today...it goes way beyond my comprehension. She's three years old, for God's sake! Does anybody check her shoes when they return from playing outside? Is it not enough that this week every single day when I went to pick her up I found her face full of snot and dirt? Was it such a chore to wipe her nose or to wash their face? They are small kids, somebody needs to keep an eye on them, to teach them how to do things. I tell Maya every morning what to do, how to behave. But still, she's little, she's to learn a lot and she forgets...

And I'm paying an awful lot of money for the darn thing...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Back in the good old days in the Hungarian óvoda kids changed shoes whenever they went inside: in the morning, arriving at kindergarten: put on "Benti" (inside) shoes.. Going to the yard, put on "kinti" (outside) shoes. Going in for lunch, benti. Going outside after story time, kinti. Going in for picjup time, benti. Going home, kinti. It was just that simple to make sure that kids have some clean shoes...

Alone in Holy Land said...

Yes, I know, we had the same thing in Romania. But we also had kindergarten uniforms...And I don't think it was all bad, you know, in the old days...

Unknown said...

I think it's all right. Kids will learn to take care of themselves, but that takes time. Too much care will change their attitude. They will always expect someone to take care of them. Pretty painfull when you're not a kid anymore.

Cosmic Navel Lint said...

As a mum, you're very British in some respects, even given your Romanian/Israeli roots - that gave me a warm smile of recognition. :)

I'd just put this episode with the sand down as one of life's little irritations - failing that, have a word with her teachers/carers at the nursery when next you drop her off for the day.

Take care.

Bren.