Friday, June 26, 2009

The Killer Hour

00

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson via last.fm

This is the killer hour, between 3.00 and 4.00 o'clock in the afternoon. It is the hour when I feel my heavy eyelids trying to close over my eyes, and it requires all my willpower and a good dose of caffeine to keep my eyes open. Maya doesn't nap in the afternoon, if she does, that she doesn't fall asleep in the evening until very late. She's usually at her "best" during this hour. Now, for example, she plays with her bowling set in the living room, scaring the dog away in some corner and making a racket.

So I 'll write for a bit, waiting for the caffeine to kick in.

What do you say about Michael Jackson? May he rest in peace, poor deluded and tormented soul. I remember him when I was an adolescent in Romania, going to the discoteque and dancing to "Billie Jean", feeling cool and grown up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En-cHBv7UpA

I wasn't a huge fan of him, but he had a few songs that I liked...And I tried to stay away from all those media scandals he stirred up, I wanted to remember him as I knew him back there, on the dancing floor of a discoteque in communist Romania. Just imagine the thrill and my heart beating in the rythm of his song... Bye bye Nichael, and I hope you'll find peace wherever you are now...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: