Monday, June 15, 2009

Strange Day

Today was a strange day. We woke up late (almost 9.30), went out to buy eggs and some chesses, made a short incursion to the "One Dollar" store and bought some modeling clay (Maya is obsessed with the stuff, the house is full of her creations), returned home, fed Dubi the dog, waited for a guy to come and fix our lock ( we seem to have some problems locking the door from inside, since we changed the lock after the breaking in), the guy came and did his thing (not that it helped, but anyhow), we went out with Dubi, ate lunch (rice with cauliflower and baby carrots, some cantaloupe) and the day just passed and passed in front of my eyes. In the evening I had to go to the dentist (I was so afraid I had a "small" panic attack in the dentist's chair - you now, that instrument of torture contraption thingy), came home and scrubbed the house clean, took Dubi out again, washed the kitchen floor and now I'm here, tired, with a fat lip from the root canal that I had and I'm asking myself again and again, what the heck am I doing here, like, what's the point of everything????? It reminds me of the Supertramp's "Cynical Song" that I've heard for the first time when I was 18 and I am still listening to it from time to time, obvsiously asking the same questions myself:
"Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned/
I know it sounds absurd/
Please tell me who I am/
Who I am"...

No comments: